Administrative Specialist - Psychiatry 9/12/2019
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
- Provides overall support to the Office of Education specifically to Medical Training, Psychology Trainee Program, Postdoctoral Research Training, and Department Volunteer research administration support.
- Update/maintain online brochures.
- Set phone installations for staff and trainees.
- Send employment paperwork to incoming trainees and verify funding sources
- Organize papers, assign offices, phones, pagers, keys, passwords, door signs, printer hookups, mailboxes, business cards, lab coats/scrubs, etc.
- Request Clinician ID's, process ID badges with correct medical ward building access.
- Coordinate emails and logins for CareConnect access.
- Coordinate trainees' curricula; contact speakers/reserve rooms/A/V equipment.
- Coordinate orientation schedules.
- Maintain trainee records & digital databases, at UCLA and at Iron Mountain.
- Respond to written or fax requests from credentials facilities.
- Send completion of training confirmations.
- Oversee trainee computer and stationery needs.
- Maintain staff and alumni database.
- Process UCPath transactions.
- Assist in the review of Applications/Review/Distribute to Reviewers.
- Assist in the coordination of open house days. Greet, and assist in serving as a point of contact.
- Use university and departmental systems to enter new and reappointments into UCPATH re. salaries. Including salary updates and fund changes.
- Register interns' patients seen in Resident Psychotherapy Outpatient Clinic (RPC). Enter RPC billing for patients seen in UCLA billing system (HBOC).
- Process Absence Request forms describing clinical absence coverage.
- Assist in the coordination of interviews at UCLA and INS.
- Process fellow's travel reimbursements on UCLA Travel Express.
- Process loan deferments; salary verification for housing, etc.
- Enroll/register new postdocs.
- Assist in the review of Volunteer applications.
- Conduct onboarding sessions to ensure proper compliance of required paperwork and training are met.
- Manage data and monitor volunteer appointment utilizing Volgistics.
- Follow up with all submitted volunteer applications.- Assist in interpreting UCLA's Volunteer Guideline policy to faculty, staff, and prospective volunteer applicants.
- Other duties assigned.Qualifications
Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact appropriately and effectively with faculty, staff and trainees. * Skill establishing priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and meet deadlines. * Skill in listening perceptively and reasoning persuasively sufficient to resolve issues and concerns and to making recommendations as appropriate. * Computer knowledge including but not limited to, creating documents in word, spreadsheets, Internet and database applications, sufficient to produce reports and correspondence, and to oversee web-site maintenance * Skill working independently within a collaborative team environment, and following through on assignments with minimal direction. Strong organizational skills to coordinate faculty and student schedules and plan programs and academic seminars as appropriate * Knowledge and experience working with University Employee Database system (EDB) sufficient to prepare complex academic trainee actions accurately and in a timely manner preferred * Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive and confidential information. * Demonstrated ability to learn and/or adapt to new systems. * Ability to write clearly and effectively.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.