This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAmity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed teaching and therapeutic community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as, Advocate with this ground breaking opportunity not only will allow you to work with our prison programs helping the inmate population, but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
Amity Foundation, is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
As Advocate is the direct provider of casework services to the participants, including intake, needs assessment, the development of case management plans, and treatment progress monitoring.
What You Will Do:
* Provide all program components and all other services (except Job Development) to the THP participants.
* Conduct initial intake and needs assessments for all participants assigned to caseload.
* Prepare, review, and update Case Management Plans (CMP) for participants assigned to caseload.
* Develop and monitor the participant's progress relative to their CMP through all phases of the program and confer regularly with CDCR staff concerning program progress and transition planning.
* Document all progress and all services provided in the participants' files (includingemployment effort/status, individual and group counseling, case conference results, referral services and disciplinary information).
* Make appropriate referrals to outside agencies as necessary.
* Develop discharge and post-completion plans.
* Maintain collaborative relationships evidenced by effective communication with Program Director, CDCR liaisons, and THP participants.
* Maintain comprehensive case records and accurate statistical information for THPparticipants and services, including all of the required elements of the Case Management Plan..
* Provide intake screening for participants that shall include citizenship status, Veteran status, American Indian/Alaskan Native status, medical and/or mental health conditions, and health care coverage status for medical (e.g. substance use disorder and mental health services, physical health services, prescription drug benefit, etc.), dental, and vision insurance.
* Development of CMP at participant's arrival, ensuring goals, objectives, and target needs are based on assessment(s) results.Participate in CMP review participant in caseload.
* Additional duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
As Advocate you must meet the following minimum requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or a related field; OR High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years' experience working with a criminal justice or related population.
* Must have a valid California driver's license and be eligible for Amity vehicle insurance
* Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of long term incarceration; appreciation for
* the behavioral, psychological, physical and social effects of incarceration.
* Recognition of the importance of individual differences created by personalities, cultures, lifestyles, social networks, and other factors that influence behavior.
* Demonstrate the ability to apply this knowledge to re-entry practices.
* Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
* Ability to integrate and align treatment options with institutional recommendations,participant indications, and the results of the evidence-based assessment tool;
* Ability to demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards program participants and work cooperatively with a multi-disciplinary team.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the community and within the organization.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision; and, to work constructively with diverse people and with parties that may have divergent perspectives and interests.
* Provide optimal services to participants.
* Understand and appropriately apply Amity policies and procedures, and adhere to agency wide practices and regulations;
* Demonstrate ethical behavior in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the participant.
* Participate in community building activities as appropriate to position.
* Protect program participants' health, safety, welfare, and confidentiality of records and participant information.
* Model professionalism, effective work habits and responsible living.
What We Offer:
* Medical, Dental, Vision.
* Paid vacation, sick time, & holidays.
* 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
* Organization committed to community action
* Community oriented workplace