Ambulatory Care Coop 5/15/2019
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Ambulatory Float Pool is a team that consists of outpatient clinic support staff, such as Administrative Assistants, Practice Assistants, and Medical Assistants, who fill in when departments are short staffed. The Float Pool department provides each team member with thorough training on our most commonly used BIDMC systems, as well as customer service trainings. The Float Pool is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in different Ambulatory specialties and enhance individual skills. In order to effectively provide training and on-the-job experience, Float Pool employees are expected to work in the Float Pool for at least six months and then may apply for a permanent position in the clinics.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 29834BR
JOB SUMMARY: Rotates throughout Ambulatory Care outpatient clinics, providing quality patient care. Most rotations are at least 60 days. Provides patient services including greeting, check-in, scheduling and medical assisting while delivering excellent service and contributing to the smooth flow of practice operations. Enrolled in Northeastern University's Co-Op program and seeking additional hands-on experience in a variety of Ambulatory care settings.
* Serves as a primary point of contact for patients and visitors in an outpatient unit.
* Provides excellent customer service through clear communication.
* Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities during patient visits in an outpatient clinical setting.
* Interacts with diverse populations including patients, medical staff practitioners, and medical center personnel.
* Supports special projects as needed.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Enrolled in Northeastern University's Co-Op program.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.