Ambulatory PRN RN II - AIC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONExperience and Education
Graduate of NLN
approved Nursing program, licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse
Examiners for the State of Texas and CPR certification are required. At least 3
years of full time varied nursing experience required. Maintain ACLS
certification required. Active member of Rapid Response Team. Excellent IV
skills including management of central lines and port access required.
Successful completion of 2 day Chemo Course or ONS certified and successful
completion of Infusion Orientation Program.
Specialty areas may have increased experience
requirements as dictated by clinic or standard of care. Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification through a course accredited by the American Heart Association
(AHA) is required.
specialized interim nurse staffing in a clinic area(s). Able to acclimate to
different clinical settings with minimal supervision. Must have the
skills/knowledge/certifications to move between various specialty clinics.
2. Delivers nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with
stated medical plan of care utilizing the nursing process to assess, implement,
and record patient's response in the medical record.
3. Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer
system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and
through telephone contact.
4. Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical
5. Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for
research and/or medical treatment.
6. Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental
protocols and documents such actions in patient's medical records.
7. Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational
nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
8. Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
9. Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes
according to nursing expertise.
10. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical
11. Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
12. Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient
safety and proper functioning of equipment.
13. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
14. Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
15. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions:
(a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting
with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly
maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records
(including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying,
releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed
to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to
all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on
the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual
harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and
protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to
prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or
This position is
security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes
UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information