Analytical Consultant Medicaid 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ANALYTICAL CONSULTANT MEDICAID
Job Locations US-WI-Madison
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you ll do
Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems using SAS*
We are seeking an Analytical Consultant in the Madison, WI area to provide analytical services independently or jointly with other departments to current and prospective Medicaid customers. In this role, you will develop statistical and analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting sessions using knowledge of analytical methods and related SAS procedures and products.
As an Analytical Consultant and a member of the Analytical Consulting and Enterprise Solutions (ACES) team in the US Professional Services division at SAS, you will help our Medicaid customers bridge the gap between the data they have and the solutions they need.
* Partner closely with members of other SAS teams to uncover analytical business needs in the Medicaid industry
* Partner closely with customers to ensure consulting engagements drive business value within customers
* Analyze large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency.
* Translate business requirements into analytic methods, build analytic models, and present results.
* Automate analytic processes.
* Demonstrate proficiency in use of either Base SAS software/SAS STAT/SAS OR procedures or other applicable languages, such as R and Python.
* Develop and enhance custom software tools.
* Assist in quality assurance efforts for all ACES projects.
* Acquire and maintain a detailed level of SAS product knowledge through continuing training and project delivery.
* Translate customer business needs and problems into requirements for data and analytical approaches.
* Understand, utilize, and communicate best practices and standard industry approaches while incorporating novel analytical solutions.
* Contribute and/or review proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
* Provide coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
* Other duties as assigned.
What we re looking for:
* Master's degree in Statistics or closely related field with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics using the SAS system.
* Analytical Programming experience, ideally in SAS and/or R, Python etc.
* Requires a minimum of four years experience analyzing data and/or teaching, including at least one year using the SAS system.
* Relevant experience in the Medicaid industry preferred.
* Public speaking, consulting, or classroom teaching experience also preferred.
* Ability to travel as business requirements dictate, up to 25%.
* Location: Madison, WI only (or must be willing to relocate to WI).
The nice to haves:
* Thorough knowledge of at least three operating systems supported by SAS software.
* Ability to communicate with and negotiate with people of various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
* Combination of business domain/acumen and analytical technology.
* Solve customers complex business problems using innovative analytical techniques.
* Strong experience with data mining approaches.
* Experience analyzing data and using statistical/analytic software
* 5+ years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting
* 3+ year of experience programming in SAS or other languages such as Python and R
* Health care industry domain experience, such as;
* Understanding of claim handling processes, concepts, and industry trends.
* Knowledge of primary fraud schemes and typical tools and processes for alert detection, alert Understanding triage, and case management.
* Background in epidemiology, population health, or clinical subject matter expertise.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Medicaid industry domain experience, such as;
* Understanding of claim handling processes, concepts, and industry trends
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Public speaking experience.
* Solve customers' complex business problems using innovative analytical techniques.
* Familiarity with data mining approaches.
* Communicate with people of various technical and business backgrounds, including the ability to explain difficult technical concepts in simple terms to business users.
* Create visualizations for presenting data and analysis.
* Work well independently and in a team environment.
* Proven record of handling increasing responsibilities and learning new technology quickly.
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
* The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
* We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
* We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see what you ll bring.
* SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.