Analytics Analyst II 6/6/2020
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of each incumbent.
* Requires proficiency with very large data sets and software/coding (i.e. SAS).
* Requires proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel including formulas, calculations and graphs).
* Requires ability to make decisions to analytic/data problems that synthesize information from several sources into concrete actions/recommendations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Requires analytical thinking ability.
* Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to express analytic thoughts clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing (to various audiences) is required.
* Requires customer-oriented focus.
* Bachelors in Quantitative Field required (i.e. Analytics, Economics, mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Public Health, Nursing from an accredited college or university, etc.).
* MS/MA preferred.
* 3-5yrs experience; conducting complex analytics deliverables (i.e. Linear Models and more advanced independent Analytics).
* Managed Health Care or provider experience preferred, especially in roles that routinely have used financial and/or clinical data sources.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.