API Integration Specialist Senior Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/21/2019
END DATE 7/1/2020
Blue Cross and Blue shield of Massachusetts
JOB DESCRIPTIONREADY TO HELP US TRANSFORM HEALTHCARE? BRING YOUR TRUE COLORS TO BLUE.
At BCBSMA, we have a unique opportunity for working within service delivery team as API integration specialist. They work with stakeholders, Service Delivery team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API's needed within the organization. They will be implementing API's to deliver and automate the functionality as per the client teams need, by working closely with the cross functional team and making decisions on the any features build required. They will also be in charge of implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
* Actively participate in technical design discussions and help to finalize the decision making with Senior Leadership team
* Understand the business mission, strategy, and processes of the service consumer applications along with service team strategy and provide implementation solutions using existing patterns, guidelines and framework.
* Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
* Reviews and ensures major implementation approach are consistent, maintainable and flexible.
* Provides coaching and direction to other API resources by coordinating the work of analysis and development of API.
* Develops and manages effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups, peers, and subordinates.
* Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment.
API LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Capable of API delivery end to end which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s).
* Own creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team.
* Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation.
* Designs, Develop and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
* Lead teams in building new API's, working closely with requirements analysts, developers, testers, and the customer in an agile development practice
* Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field preferred.
* 3 years of technology, preferably in Digital or Analytics, with adequate functional and development experience.
* Full-Stack Engineering vision: ability to leverage breadth of experience and knowledge to architect and design solutions.
* Strong delivery experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud, API gateway - Apigee along with containerization technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
* Experience in spring (Boot, Data, Cloud etc.)
* Test capability SOAUPUI, Selenium, Cucumber, MUnit, Wireshark, Postman
* Multi Database Experience Object, Relational, Graph and NOSQL (SQL server /Oracle /MySQL /MongoDB /Cassandra /Hadoop)
* Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JDBC, X.12, JSON, Microservices etc.
* Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API security standards and implementation (Active Directory Federation, LDAP, OAuth 2.0, OpenID, SAML, ClientID/Secret)
* Knowledge and experience with CI/CD tools Jenkins, Maven, Jira, ServiceNow, GitHub, Release Management
* Strong coding skills, problem solving and troubleshooting.
* Experience in using Apigee Edge and Micro-gateway for development of API proxies.
* Experience in developing micro-services using spring boot/data flow applications and deploying them in Pivotal using CI/CD pipelines.
* Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
Delivery Model Experience and / or potential to Learn:
* Experience working in a self -sufficient delivery team with autonomy and accountability.
Every delivery POD within BCBSMA owns its features throughout the product s life cycle and have full visibility into their features successes and failures. There is no single appointed leader of a POD; any such leadership role is emergent and informal. Results are visible both through internal reviews and through customer feedback, and PODs are expected to fully understand successes and failures. PODs go through postmortem analyses of failures to ensure learning. Every few weeks, POD would conduct retrospectives to evaluate what is going well and what needs to improve.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.