Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary function of Physician Assistant (PA)/Nurse Practitioner (NP) working for the Hospitalist Service is to provide comprehensive care to medicine inpatients in collaboration with Attending physicians, PA/NP Manager, Director and Senior Manager of the Hospitalist Service. Each PA/NP has a designated supervising/collaborating physician.
* 1. Clinical Practice:
* 1.1 At the instruction of the PA/NP Manager and Director or his/her designee, assists in the care of medicine inpatients assigned to the Hospitalist Service, ensuring safe, high quality, patient-centered and efficient care.
* 2. Education:
* 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Provides related teaching and education to unit nurses and PA students from the Yale University School of Medicine Physician Associate Program.
* 3. Quality Improvement/Customer Satisfaction
* 3.1 Participates in team based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives.
* 4. Patient Safety
* 4.1 Immediately reports any concerns about patient safety to PA/NP Manager and/or Director.
* 5. Operations
* 5.1 Follows all NEMG and YNHH policies and procedures.
Physician Assistant: Graduation from an accredited Physician Associate program required. Certified as a Physician Associate by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Associates. Nurse Practitioner: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Art degree and graduation from an approved Nurse Practitioner program required. Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or another specialty nursing organization such as the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.
One (1) to two (2) years caring for medicine inpatients preferred.
Both hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.