Application Analyst, ClinDoc 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
EMR Project Capital, 2 Crescent Place, Oceanport, NJ 07757
EpicCare Inpatient Clinical System connects the care team to a single patient record, clinical pathway, and care plan with outside data in the same single view ensuring that decisions are based on up-to-date information and that care transitions are well coordinated. Built-in analytics inform staff of potential patient deterioration in real time and help nursing teams balance workload acuity. Integrated remote-monitoring and mobile device functions provide the ability to intervene. The application supports ICU/critical care and medication safety with barcoded medication administration as well as optional waveform integration. Application support will also include Nurse Acuity, Case Management/Utilization Review, and Wound Care.
The Application Analyst is primarily responsible for:
* Supporting the design and build of the Epic application.
* The overall build of the workflows, system configurations, change documentation and support of operations for the application.
* the installation and upgrades and the configuration of the application.
* Assisting in the coordination of end-user support activities.
* Creating the test plans for the application, executing the test plans and version upgrades, and documenting all test outcomes, including troubleshooting and support.
* Addressing basic user or build issues, recommending mitigation plans and escalating more complex issues.
* Providing on-call support for the application through go-live.
* Essential Functions:
The Application Analyst is the primary support for the Application Lead for the related Epic application. In addition to the duties discussed in the Role Description, the Analyst is responsible for the following:
* Executing Application Design and Build: Designing and building the related application
* Working with Operations to optimize the design of the application s capabilities and workflowsPerforming a thorough review of all Foundation Build Content and workflows for applicationParticipating in unit, application, and integrated testing for system functionalityBuilding data fields, screens, templates, and user-defined functionality, as required
* Reviewing the proposed training curriculum
* Following build standards and maintaining synchronization between environments in collaboration with environment team
2) Application Support:
* Providing go-live support for users on new applications, including functionality
* Providing on-call support for application through go-live and post go-livE
* Representing application in Integrated Area Workgroups
* Supporting continuous documentation of system modifications and updates
3) Documentation and Communication:
* Maintaining and closing support tickets
* Logging decisions and issues/risks in tracker
* Supporting application governance needs, including development of business case for decisions
* Maintaining version control of work flows, issues/risks log, and decisions tracker
* Supervising basic issues and roadblocks, escalating issues as needed
* Communicating with supervisors to determine necessary escalations
4) Project Management:
* Recommending areas for process improvement
* Assisting with development of future state materials
* Following the process for identification, tracking, resolution and closure of all issues
* Following the change control process and any required changes
* Coordinating test plans and new systems, complying with version upgrades and system modifications
* Preferred: Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
* Minimum: Associate s degree with three (3) or more years of relevant work experience
* Preferred: Three (3) years relevant experience in a health care setting
* Minimum: One (1) year relevant experience
* Preference for knowledge and work experience with inpatient clinical systems
* Preference for knowledge of current inpatient clinical system workflows and processes
* Demonstrated interest in supporting the development and build of the application
* Preference for knowledge in Case Management wor k fl o ws
Licenses and Certifications:
* Minimum: Obtaining applicable certification will be an expectation of the role
* Applicant is expected to maintain certification as current by completing New Version Training (NVT), as applicable
* For clinical applications, clinical licensure is preferred
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer