Applications Engineer, Sr Staff
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2020
END DATE 8/22/2020
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast paced Applications Engineering team that is responsible for supporting and driving business growth with North America customers in the area of Interconnect Parasitics Extraction for digital and custom designs.
* Job function involves leading in all aspects of field applications engineering that includes -
* Pre-sales activity : Driving technical benchmarks, methodology presentations and demos to articulate the superiority of Synopsys solutions.
* Post-sales support : Managing customer relationships from a technical perspective. This involves issue resolution tracking, managing customer escalations and driving customer forums like Technical Review Meetings and Management Review Meetings.AE is also expected to work closely with Marketing and R&D to define account strategy and drive success at the customer.
* The job will facilitate skillset development in Physical verification, static timing analysis for digital designs, timing and reliability analysis for custom designs, customer relationship management, and provides business exposure.
* BSEE or equivalent, required with 10+ years of experience, or MSEE or equivalent with 8+ years of experience
* Minimum 2+ years of directly working on Interconnect Parasitics Extraction tools such as StarRC, Quickcap etc on advanced FinFET nodes is required.
* Strong understanding of digital/custom design flows and process technology is required.
* Experience with one or more scripting languages such as TCL, Perl is desired.
* Experience with commercial STA tools such as PrimeTime and simulation tools such as Hspice, Finesim is a strong plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Synopsys maintains a workplace where all personnel, customers, and vendors are
treated with dignity, fairness, and respect. We maintain worldwide policies in our
Work Rules Policy, which is applicable to all employees in furtherance of these
principles. We pride ourselves on providing a healthy and productive work
environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy,
medical condition, and any other characteristic protected by law. For applicants and
employees with disabilities, we also make reasonable accommodations consistent
with applicable laws and regulations. We are each expected to do our part to create
a healthy and productive work environment for everyone. This includes bringing
issues to management s attention when you believe certain conditions are
distracting from a good work environment. Our Work Rules Policy also allows you to
raise concerns with other Synopsys managers. If employees are still unable to
resolve their concerns, their disputes may be resolved through our Internal Issue
Resolution Process Policy. In addition, all managers and employees in positions of
authority have a special obligation to maintain and support a healthy and
productive work environment.