Applications Team Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
Job ID 2020-4355
US-VA-Radford | US-VA | US-VA
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI: As an Applications Team Lead, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
* Communicate in an effective manner.
* Under indirect supervision, oversees the management of multiple application modernization projects.
* Responsibilities include requirements gathering, estimating Level of Effort (LOE), drafting development stories, facilitating backlog reviews & sprint planning meetings, coordinating resources, reviewing QA results, and performing final review.
* Manages resources across each development effort and provides staffing recommendations for new or expanding projects.
* Provides budget reports to track burn rates across each project to ensure projects stay within budget.
* Manages master project schedule and reprioritizes efforts to prevent collisions.
* Works directly with customers to communicate project status.
* Works with the development teams to identify areas for improvements and gain efficiencies.
* Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
* Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
* Computing Environment (CE) Certification: Agile certification, ITIL Foundation or ITIL Intermediate certification or equivalent.
* Education/Experience: BA +10 years (Bachelor s degree in a technical/business discipline or 5-10 years of experience managing application development projects)
* Senior Application Project management experience utilizing agile development best practices.
* Experience with Dev/Sec/Ops development strategies
* Experience with Agile development processes and tools
* Experience with Quality Assurance (AQ) application testing
* Experience managing budgets and resources across multiple application projects
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
* Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Travel by land or air transportation 25%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.