Asset Manager (CO, Fort Collins) 8/21/2020
Tuknik Government Services
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to put your skills, talents and experience to work supporting a Federal client s organizational and digital transformation* Tuknik Government Services (TGS) is looking for an Asset Manager to join our growing team in the Fort Collins, CO area. Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Asset Manager for the EIS Transition Support is an integral component of a team supporting a Federal client s organizational and digital transformation. The Asset Manager job is a senior-level, role for someone with at least 10 years of experience in the field including a minimum of 5 years in an Asset Manager role. The Asset Manager will assist with and be responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles. Asset and inventory management software implementation experience and configuration preferred.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage the entire IT telecommunications management lifecycle including procurement, deployment, maintenance and removal for all software (enterprise and unique requests)
* Manage enterprise software licenses utilizing vendor portals, such as ServiceNow and other tools as necessary
* Works with individuals from appropriate organizations to ensure the proper accounting for and deployment of assets
* Prepares analyses to ensure assets are procured according to Departmental standards
* Utilizes all appropriate USDA software licenses management policies
* Provides recommendations for policy and process updates
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Minimum of 10 years general experience, including a minimum of five years directly related (federal government IT and telecommunications) experience
* Working knowledge and understanding of the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Framework.
* Familiarity developing policies, procedures, and governing the management of IT Asset life-cycling.
* Experience conducting IT Asset Inventory.
* Experience developing policies and procedures governing the management of IT Asset life-cycling.
* Experience developing policies and procedures to implement, manage, a successful configuration management program.
* Should have an appropriate background in IT and telecommunications asset management to plan, execute, and maintain the activities associated with this effort.
* Should be familiar with different federal systems for conducting asset management as well as CRM/ticketing systems.
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* 8-12 years of experience in project management with at least 8 years hands-on experience in the delivery of asset management processes related to software or hardware
* Experience gathering requirements then writing technical documents (both collaboratively and independently) and able to socialize and educate
* Experience in business strategy development/execution; and providing strategic technical advisory services to clients
* Excellent consulting/relationship management skills; ability to mitigate/mediate complex and/or politically charged issues
* Familiarity with/knowledge of:
* Business cases and ROI calculations
* First-hand knowledge of SLA s as they apply to asset management
* Asset and inventory concepts design & analysis
* IT asset and inventory development, ideation workshops, performance effectiveness
* Strategy roadmap & execution plans
* Enterprise/Business Architecture
* Strong communication and leadership skills; able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience; comfortable working with C-level executives
* Proven history of progressive responsibilities
* Able to analyze complex issues and distill concepts to clients
* Comfortable acting as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive solutions
* Able to comprehend new concepts, ask pertinent questions, execute and document ideas and concepts with minimal day-to-day direction
* Able to stay on task and on schedule while adhering to non-flexible deadlines
* Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to convey technology and business value propositions
Previous Federal consulting experience preferred, but not required
* Bachelor s in Computer Science, Information Technology, business-related field, or equivalent required.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Security Clearance Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
About our Company
Offering innovative and cutting-edge IT, Environmental Resource Management and Professional Services solutions, Tuknik Government Services is uniquely positioned in the federal marketplace. An ANC 8(a)-certified program combined with the full corporate support of Koniag Inc.'s Government Services Sector, TGS is backed by a full range of industry partners. Innovative technology, highly qualified professionals and proven processes are the hallmarks of TGS. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and maintaining a supportive environment for team members and partners.