Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure Track -Occupational Therapy 8/20/2020
New York Institute of Technology
Old Westbury, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Department of Occupational Therapy in the School of Health Professions of the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) seeks a tenure track Assistant/Associate Professor who will also serve as the Doctoral Capstone Coordinator (DCC).
We are seeking an individual with community-based and clinical education field experience who is interested in helping develop and advance our doctoral capstone programming in a diverse and inclusive environment. The DCC will be responsible for the design and delivery of research and capstone curriculum, establishing a program of funded research, participation, and supervising/mentoring students and faculty. This position is a full-time, faculty appointment and has administrative, academic, service, and scholarship responsibilities. It is 9-month contract with additional summer compensation for DCC obligations. Rank is at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor Level based on an individual s qualifications and experience.
* Candidates should possess a doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitative Sciences or a related filed.
* Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in the New York State and NBCOT certification. Minimum of five years of professional practice experience is required.
* Experience advising and supervising occupational therapy student research.
* A current and valid driver s license and reliable personal transportation.
* Academic teaching experience (onsite and online).
* Develop course syllabi and teaching materials.
* Provide student advisement and support.
* Demonstrate a commitment to excellent leadership and a strong potential for applied scholarship and service in healthcare.
* Participate in a variety of service-oriented activities including, but not limited to curriculum review, admissions, inter and intra-departmental committees, university committees, and professional services activities.
* Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills needed for working with diverse stakeholders.
* Must have expertise in the area of community-based practice, management, research, and administration.
* Applicant should be proficient with computer technology and possess strong organization, problem-solving, and counseling skills.
* Participate in the development of the department (e.g., accreditation; admissions and other tasks)
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter with a statement of your philosophy on fieldwork education, research interests, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of 3 references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity