This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
First National Bank of America
East Lansing, MI
First National Bank of America is a family-owned national bank that services its own portfolio of over $2.5B of primarily mortgage loans. We are a growing, dynamic, and profitable enterprise headquartered in East Lansing Michigan. Our culture is to 'work hard, have fun, and prosper' while providing an environment that offers employees an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally such that their work-lives positively enhance their overall life experiences.
The Assistant Controller is an integral part of the Accounting Department.
- Assist in the month end processes to ensure the accuracy of calculations and posting of accruals, prepaid expenses, depreciation and other items required to provide an accurate presentation of monthly and annual financial reports
- Assist department managers in gathering financial information for month review of department performance.
- Prepare necessary entries to record financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare monthly analysis/reconciliations of various accounts. Perform overall reasonableness tests and other procedures necessary to verify data integrity.
- Prepare audit work papers and supporting schedules for the annual and financial statement audits.
- Assist leadership in obtaining needed information or analysis.
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly regulatory reporting.
- Assist in the annual profit plan process for projections of income and expenditures.
- Ability to apply accounting guidance to bank procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Five or more years accounting experience
- Financial Institution experience required
- CPA desired
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Jack Henry 20/20 desired
- Must possess a desire to learn programs/processes
- Ability to build and sustain positive and effective relationships with others
No travel required
Position will often be in a busy office environment. The ability to multitask and focus in this environment is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: East Lansing, MI
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job.
First National Bank of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.