Assistant Mill Superintendent 1/15/2020
Kraft Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: This role will be responsible for supporting production, safety, environmental, employee management, quality, communication, reliability excellence and continuous improvement of our paper mill operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works in partnership with the mill team to ensure a safe work environment.
* Works collaboratively to ensure environmental compliance.
* Works jointly with shift supervisors, maintenance manager, and the production manager to achieve mill operational and reliability excellence goals.
* Actively participate in recruiting, selection, coaching, and staffing decisions.
* Coaches shift supervisors and crews on basic management including training and learning assignments, production responsibilities, goal alignment, work systems implementation, and performance management.
* Understands and meets expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
* Identifies and executes process improvement projects to improve operating efficiencies and maximize profitability.
* Effectively communicates through the organization.
* Engages, motivates, and empowers others to establish a high performing work team and culture of improvement.
* Communicates key expectations, issues, and opportunities effectively through the organization
* Successful candidate will need to temporarily fulfill the paper mill superintendent responsibilities.
* Matrix interface shift supervisors, hourly team, and maintenance team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline or Paper Science, is preferred.
* 3 to 5 years of containerboard or recycled containerboard manufacturing/operations/engineering experience, is preferred.
* 2 to 3 years of front line supervisory leadership, is preferred.
* Effective problem solving and project management skills.
* Results oriented and demonstrated initiative.
* Customer focus on internal cross functional partnerships, as well as, versed in developing external relationships.
* Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Versed in data management, statistical analysis, and continuous improvement techniques.
* Understanding of safety, health and environmental.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for a prolonged period as well as bending and stooping regularly
* The job duties will require the employee to utilize repetitive fine manipulation with hands
* The employee is frequently required to talk or hear
* The employee is required to reach with hands and arms
* The employee must regularly push/pull/lift 40 pounds unassisted and occasionally more with assistance
* Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision and depth vision
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Able to work in hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
* Willingness and ability to wear safety glasses, earplugs, hard hat, steel toed boots and any other required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* CMRP preferred, not required
* Lean six sigma green and or black belt preferred, not required
Employmnt Type : Full Time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.