Assistant Plant Manager Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2019
END DATE 9/21/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Louisville, KY, US
PACCAR is a Fortune 200 company established in 1905. PACCAR is a global industry leader in the design and manufacture of premium quality commercial vehicles and engines. PACCAR commercial vehicles are sold worldwide under the Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. PACCAR distributes aftermarket truck parts to its dealers through a worldwide network of Parts Distribution Centers. Finance and leasing subsidiaries facilitate the sale of PACCAR products in many countries worldwide. PACCAR manufactures and markets industrial winches under the Braden, Carco and Gearmatic nameplates. PACCAR maintains exceptionally high standards of quality for all of its products; they are well engineered, highly customized for specific applications and sell in the premium segments of their markets where they have a reputation for superior performance and pride of ownership.
Dynacraft, a PACCAR Company, is headquartered in McKinney, TX. a suburb of Dallas. Dynacraft is a diversified global manufacturer of PACCAR medium- and heavy-duty truck parts sold under Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. For fifty years Dynacraft has provided the company s truck divisions and PACCAR Parts division with high quality components, subassemblies, and specialized services. Dynacraft has production facilities in Algona, WA, Louisville, KY, and McKinney, TX.
As a company, Dynacraft strives to be the premier supplier in product quality, on-time delivery, and pre-production support to PACCAR s Kenworth and Peterbilt truck divisions and PACCAR Parts. The Assistant Plant Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for assisting in the development of the strategic direction for the Plant in support of Dynacraft s vision and goals as well as supporting the Truck Plants and Aftermarket Customer requirements.
JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for managing plant objectives including safety, quality, on-time delivery, timely product launches and profitability.
* Develop and oversee employee Best in Class employee safety programs.
* Manage and oversee the daily activities of supervisors, coordinators, office and operations specialists, and contract employees in a multi-shift operation.
* Manage manufacturing and shipping schedules to ensure on-time delivery of multiple, line-sequenced just-in-time product orders for the Peterbilt and Kenworth truck plants as well as aftermarket customers.
* Partner with Human Resources to ensure appropriate hiring, orientation, training, performance reviews, counseling and disciplinary actions of employees.
* Champion multiple Six Sigma projects.
* Assist in the research, document preparation, coordination and direction of major plant projects involving cost reduction and new product manufacturing setup and implementation.
* Ensure local compliance with Dynacraft quality programs and maintain quality standards per ISO and QS requirements.
* Assist in planning and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets. Control monthly operating expenses and maintain necessary records and documentation.
* Assist in devising, reviewing and implementing methods for improving productivity and efficiency.
* Maintain effective communication with division office and serve, as needed, as liaison between departments to ensure maximum cost-savings and efficient manufacturing and distribution operations.
* Assist in development of strategic direction for the MDC in support of Dynacraft s vision establish specific goal in support of the direction.
* Maintain effective communication with the Division office in McKinney, TX and with lateral organizations.
* Manage logistics / returnable container deployment and administration.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
* Leadership skills and ability to supervise employees.
* Thorough understating of production facilities, assembly and distribution operations.
* Five or more years of supervisory experience.
* Proficient in quality methods and process performance (e.g., statistical problem solving and process capability analysis, FMEA, Control Plans).
* Bachelor s degree in business administration, management, engineering or other appropriate field required.
* Master's degree desired.
* Six Sigma training strongly desired.
ADDITIONAL JOB BOARD INFORMATION
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Louisville
Job Segment: Plant, Engineer, Plant Operator, Manager, Plant Manager, Manufacturing, Engineering, Management