Assistant Store Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/23/2019
END DATE 12/27/2019
Global Partners LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
With nearly 1,600 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Our convenient stores are comprised of: Alltown, Mr. Mike's, XtraMart, On the Run and Fast Freddie's. Global is a publicly traded master limited partnership that is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls, or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York.
We want YOU to work for Global and be part of our growing company. Where does your future lie and how can we help you get there? Now is your time to join our team! Apply Now!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
An Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager with the management of the ongoing day to day operations of the store, while adhering to Company policies and procedures; direct supervision of staff; maximizing store profits and ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete required daily accounting paperwork and transmit by noon to accounting office
* Make daily bank deposits by noon
* Account for ATM and Lottery funds on a daily basis, and make deposits (where applicable)
* Keep accurate fuel inventory records (red book), and report any excessive variations
* Recruit, hire, train, motivate, develop, discipline and terminate cashier/sales associate staff using appropriate documentation. (i.e. new hire packets, reference checks, communication forms etc.)
* Maintain high levels of cleanliness and sanitation
* Order and receive merchandise utilizing inventory ordering guidelines
* Inventory audits
* Maintain compliance binder
* Ensure adequate gasoline levels as well as coordinate gasoline deliveries
* Check costs on invoices to ensure charges are accurate by vendor
* Operate and manage store in the absence of store manger
* Implement all Company promotional initiatives
* Ensure a quality buying experience for all customers
* Control inventory variations to 1% of sales or less
* Control cash over /short to $100 per month or less
* Audit cashier paperwork for accuracy
* Maintain image standards set forth and image surveys
* Report and Review all environment, maintenance issues and unusual occurrences to the proper authority as well as management personnel
* Price book maintenance/operation of security cameras (where applicable)/On The Run (where applicable)
* Ability to communicate with associates and guests
* Ability to count, read and write accurately to complete required paperwork
* Attend all mandatory meeting and training sessions
* Other duties assigned by Store Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Ability to work unsupervised
* Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and assist other locations as needed
* Must have reliable transportation and valid driver s license
* Physical Requirements
* Frequent bending, reaching, lifting of 1 to 15 lbs
* Be able to lift up to 50lbs on occasion
* Reaching above shoulder height and bending below waist
* Be able to freely access all areas of the store
* Move quickly around store
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.