Assistant Storekeeper (Limited position) - 7915 6/3/2020
University of California - Merced
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hiring Range
Job Closing Date
Review of applications will occur as openings become available. Candidates will be selected for temporary employment in various departments as positions become available. This position is reopened every six months so please re-apply if you remain interested in the position. This position will close on 12/31/2020.
About UC Merced
The University of California, Merced, is the newest of the University of California system's 10 campuses and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With nearly 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students, UC Merced offers an environment that combines a commitment to diversity, inclusion, collaboration and professional development. With bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs, strong research and academic partnerships, and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving and requires talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Ranked among the best public universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, UC Merced is uniquely equipped to provide educational opportunities highly qualified students from the San Joaquin Valley and throughout California. The campus enjoys a special connection with nearby Yosemite National Park, is on the cutting edge of sustainability in construction and design, and supports the economic development of Merced and the region.
In Fall 2016, UC Merced broke ground on a $1.3 billion public-private partnership that is unprecedented in higher education. The Merced 2020 Project will nearly double the physical capacity of the campus by 2020, enhancing academic distinction, student success and research excellence. In 2018, UC Merced opened the Downtown Campus Center, a $33 million, three-story administrative building located in the heart of Merced.
About the Job
Under the general supervision of the Stores Supervisor, the Assistant Storekeeper will assist in managing the receiving, logistics, organization, and distribution of all Campus Store inventory not on the sales floor. The incumbent will assist with inventory related administrative and receiving functions for all Campus Store merchandise. The Assistant Storekeeper is responsible for maintaining accurate computer-based records of what and how much inventory is in back stock and where it is located. This position requires familiarity with computer-based inventory systems, but is also very physical involving the lifting and movement of heavy textbooks and driving a 20-foot truck.
* High school or a General Education Diploma.
* Work independently and as part of a team; prioritize work and manage a variety of complex projects simultaneously with accuracy and detail in a complex environment with changing deadlines and priorities and frequent interruptions; attempt unfamiliar projects/assignments and respond with flexibility to requests for assistance with conflicting demands; work with ambiguities where clear guidelines are not available; and be service oriented.
* Ability to apply policies and procedures to numerous circumstances as directed.
* Ability to work within the proper channels and ensure adherence to university policies and procedures.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Maintain discretion, confidentiality, sensitivity, diplomacy and professional judgment.
* Excellent customer service skills to interact effectively with staff, faculty, administrators and the public.
* Organizational skills to prioritize work and complete assignments.
* Knowledge of Windows based computer programs: MS Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and support multiple functions with fluctuating priorities.
* Ability to be certified as a forklift driver.
Background check and fingerprinting may be required.
How to Apply:
An online application is required for each position to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Smoke and Tobacco Free Policy:
The University of California, Merced is a smoke and tobacco free workplace. Information and the Smoke and Tobacco Free policy is available at http://smokefree.ucmerced.edu.
All employers who receive Federal contracts and grants are required to comply with E-Verify, an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). E-Verify electronically verifies employment eligibility by comparing information provided on the I-9 form to records in the DHS and SSA databases. Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UC Merced to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University of California visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/