Assistant Vice President & Associate Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/22/2020
END DATE 1/31/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAon is looking for an Assistant Vice President & Associate Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Professional Services Group, in Chicago.
Your impact as an Assistant Vice President & Associate Director
* Assist account manager with day-to-day coverage questions and contract reviews.
* Proactively coordinate renewal cycle to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely fashion.
* Answer client questions on applications and requested renewal information.
* Communicate and maintain good working relationships with markets.
* Assist account manager in preparing renewal strategy documents.
* Prepare and/or check market submissions.
* Analyze quotes from carriers and negotiate terms and conditions.
* Assist account manager in preparing renewal proposals.
* Responsible for binding of renewal coverage and the accuracy of programs that are bound.
* Process invoices, policies, endorsements, and audits.
* Responsible for certificates, endorsements, audits, invoicing, and policy checking.
* Provide a high level of day-to-day technical support to the team.
* Ensure that all documentation is received on a timely basis and is accurate.
* Manage policy and endorsement follow up system, including maintaining reminder system.
* Prepare proposals and presentations to existing clients and prospective new clients.
* Navigate carriers web sites to obtain endorsements, loss runs, renewal policies, and invoices.
* Communicate with markets for renewal policies, endorsement requests, and invoices
* Assist other team members to balance workloads when needed.
* Provide backup for other team members during their absence.
* Undertake various duties as assigned.
* Strong technical property and casualty knowledge
* Background in account management, servicing, placement and negotiation of property and casualty coverages
* Ability to solve problems and think independently
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to pay attention to detail while working under pressure
* Ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow, with close attention to deadlines
* Be energetic/have a sense of urgency
* Positive and flexible attitude
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree
* At least ten years of relevant Property/Casualty experience
* Illinois P&C Brokers License, or able to secure on acceptance
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* International/Global program experience a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. 2469261.