Associate Director, Corporate Advocacy 6/4/2020
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai s human health care (hhc) mission. We re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
The position is responsible for executing on Eisai s Advocacy efforts with the key national/regional professional organizations and advocacy groups that impact marketed and late stage pipeline products in Alzheimer s disease and therapeutic areas in oncology. The position is responsible for developing integrated strategies with cross-functional departments to optimize budgets and ensure investments are in-line with current and pipeline product priorities. This position requires contributions as both a leader and as a member of cross-functional teams including Marketing, Commercial Operations, Legal, Medical Affairs, Corporate Communications and Government Affairs.
This position will report into the Director of Corporate Advocacy to help develop and execute plans in collaboration with internal stakeholders that reflects the needs of the patient and professional communities. This includes the development of cross-functional patient-focused short- and long-term strategies and communication initiatives that align with Eisai s human health care mission to help address the unmet needs in the communities we seek to serve.
* Serve as a key contact for national third-party organizations and other targeted groups focused on improving the lives of people with Alzheimer s disease and established therapeutic areas in Oncology
* Serve as main point of contact to develop positive relationships and lead collaborative efforts with national and regional professional organizations, patient advocacy groups and KOL s with focus on achieving corporate and brand objectives
* Lead Corporate Memberships and Sponsorships with targeted national and regional organizations in support of corporate objectives.
* Facilitate leadership meetings and Corporate visits with key professional organizations and advocacy groups.
* Work directly with internal stakeholders to develop pull-through strategies for all initiatives. Ensure follow-up communication to all internal and external partners.
* Maintain solid clinical knowledge of all Eisai brand and pipeline products as well as the overall treatment landscape in Alzheimer s Disease and established areas in Oncology
* Lead and generate communication to/from third party organizations on appropriate key issues and prepare regular update reports that indicate and measure progress of advocacy metrics and established goals
* Work in a collaborative manner with other functions within Corporate Affairs; including Communications (both internal and external) and Government Affairs & Policy.
* Bachelor s Degree, BA or BS
* 10+ years experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or healthcare industry.
* 3-5 years of patient advocacy/professional society experience and/or corporate affairs experience.
* Knowledgeable in current / possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting Eisai business and builds strategies to meet corporate objectives.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of commercial operations functions and processes in pharmaceutical/biotechnology or healthcare industry.
* Develop strong networks with individuals and associations who shape public policy and participate in industry coalitions.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically
* Exceptional and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and highly collaborative environment.
* Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills; ability to articulate ideas in a cross-functional setting
* Demonstrated passion for supporting the patient community
* Familiarity with the drug development process
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information:
Right To Work