Associate Director/Director, Biostatistics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/17/2020
END DATE 3/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE ROLE:
This role is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of the clinical development group of a high growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. The Director of Biostatistics will be involved in the design, execution, analysis, and reporting clinical studies across Moderna s development programs that are leveraging cutting-edge mRNA science to create transformative medicines for patients
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Serve as the biostatistics leader and point-of-contact in multiple clinical development teams responsible for determining clinical study strategies and delivering results with high quality and on time
* Leader in bringing innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive applications of suit-for-purpose statistical methods that enhance the probability of successes for clinical development programs
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective quantitative approaches are applied to the collection and analysis of a wide variety of data types
* Develop statistical sections of clinical development plans, protocols, statistical analysis plans, and key specifications for statistical programming implementation of analyses
* Plan, manage, and track biostatistics activities, timelines, and resources and assure operational excellence
* Frequently interact with regulatory agencies and effectively address the statistical questions and requests
* Review and/or author SOPs and/or Work Instructions related to biostatistics practices
* Collaborate with and manage internal and external functions (e.g. CROs, software vendors, clinical development partners, etc.) to ensure meeting project timelines and goals
* Oversee statistical contractors / consultants and manage / mentor junior team members
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* PhD (or equivalent degree) with 6+ (for Associate Director) or 9+ years (for Director) of relevant work experience in Biotech, Pharma, Regulatory agencies, or Clinical Research Organizations. MS (or equivalent degree) with 9+ (for Associate Director) or 12+ years (for Director) of relevant experience.
* Excellent statistical knowledge with the ability of applying the knowledge to solve scientific and clinical problems
* Working knowledge of relevant FDA, EU, ICH guidelines and regulations.
* Experience working with CROs, vendors, and relationship management preferred.
* Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* Daily on-site catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
WHY JOIN MODERNA:
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that have a therapeutic or preventive benefit with the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. Moderna s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing the Company the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases and cardiovascular diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Moderna has been named a top employer by Science for the fifth year in a row. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.