Associate Director, Information Strategy & Analytics (4959U) , Haas School of Business #6631 3/9/2020
University of California-Berkeley
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Associate Director, Information Strategy & Analytics (4959U) , Haas School of Business #6631
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 20, 2020
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Involves analysis of complex business problems using data to provide insight to decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Develops forecasts, recommendations, and strategic / tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge. Works with business and / or clinical units to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required / available data elements. Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user. Develops business cases to support enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions.
The Development and Alumni Relations team at Berkeley Haas engages and cultivates alumni, parents, friends, corporations and foundations to advance the vision and mission of the school, inviting these key constituencies to provide volunteer leadership and make philanthropic investments in support of the school's students, faculty and programs. The Development team of major gifts and annual gift officers cultivates prospective donors, both nationally and internationally, to inspire transformational gifts in support of Berkeley Haas and provides staff support for high-level volunteer groups, such as the Berkeley Haas Advisory Board and the Dean's Advisory Circle. With 41,000 living alumni, the Alumni Relations team develops and builds greater awareness for career services, lifelong learning, and networking resources to support the engagement, learning, and connectedness of Berkeley Haas alumni.
* Consults with end users to gather and clarify data and reporting needs for complex business intelligence solutions and analytics. Writes queries, develops report templates, and dashboards.
* Meets with key stakeholders in Development and Alumni Relations to gather reporting and data needs.
* Performs data analysis and develops data driven insights to inform strategy related to fundraising and engagement goals.
* Works closely with University Development and Alumni Relations Advancement Information Strategy and Analysis on reporting standards and tools.
* Determines better ways to solve complex reporting problems by questioning the status quo.
* Demonstrates confidence without attitude and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with stakeholders throughout the university.
* Performs predictive analysis and forecasting to provide information that supports organizational goals. Mines data to quantify relationships and identify issues warranting further analysis.
* Designs reports and tools to support the campaign for Haas; including forecasting and tracking, fundraiser metrics, portfolio management and prospecting.
* Designs prescriptive and predictive models and performs data mining.
* Conducts industry benchmarking analysis and develops quantitative business cases. Presents recommendations to managers.
* Identifies and analyzes errors and problems for end users, developing and applying functional solutions and / or conducting specific training as needed.
* Works with end-users to ensure accuracy of data and reporting. Conducts quality assurance testing on reports. Reviews peer reports for quality and accuracy.
* Conducts on-going analyses of data sources and data sets. Identifies issues and collaborates on developing solutions to data management challenges.
* Identifies data needs and opportunities in the Haas Data Warehouse and works with Haas Technology Services and University Development and Alumni Relations to extract, transform and load data from a variety of data sources.
* Prepares data mapping specifications and extract-transform-load designs and tests new data elements in the Haas Data Warehouse
* Improves data quality, storage, management and transfers to Haas Data Warehouse.
* Participates in developing and / or delivering curriculum for end user training to ensure user competence, data access, and optimal performance of BI tools and processes.
* Serves as a subject matter expert on the Cal Advancement Data System and trains staff in accessing reports and tools.
* Serves on internal committees and participates on cross-functional teams to solve business, process, service and / systems issues.
* Understands the expanding and sophisticated information needs of Development and Alumni Relations and partners with University Advancement Operations to build a strategic framework of tools and systems
* Attends quarterly meetings with Haas Technology Services and University Advancement Operations to optimize data collection and data flows.
Career Development: By embracing the principle of student always .
* Attends classes to enhance expertise in job areas and improve communication.
* Attends relevant campus training courses to become more proficient with campus policies and/or role-relevant skills
* Seeks additional training opportunities that allow growth within the position