Associate, Fund Accounting 5/7/2020
BKM Capital Partners
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BKM Capital Partners is a growing firm looking for driven entrepreneurial professionals whom are passionate about their work. Located in our Newport Beach, California office, the Associate, Fund Accounting, will play an integral role in the company. Reporting directly to the Associate Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting, this position will assist with accounting and financial components of written communications to investors and internal staff, maintaining fiscal records relative to the company s real estate portfolios/funds and annual audits of the funds.
* Assist with on-time and accurate reporting of each fund s overall performance and each individual investor s capital account.
* Work directly with the Senior Associate, Fund Accounting and Associate Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting, to review financial statements in accordance with GAAP (fair value or historical cost accounting, as applicable) and analyze variances.
* Work with our fund administrator, to help in the review and distribution of financial reporting packages to investors and senior leaders.
* Assist in the review of cash flow projection models to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Help review and monitor fund invoices and expense accruals, and ensure timely payments are completed.
* Ensure the company maintains a complete set of accounting books and records in connection with our record retention policy.
* Assist in maintaining accurate financial data within our investor portal.
* Assist with all capital calls and distributions, including review of individual notices to investors and summaries of historical capital activity.
* Work closely with our Investor Relations team on both current and potential ad hoc investor requests.
* Assist in the review and monitoring of active investor details within our investor portal.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related degree is required
* Fund accounting experience required
* Advanced Excel capabilities are required
* Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
* Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and nonverbal communication skills
* Ability to work in collaborative, flexible, responsive and team-oriented work style
* Demonstrate the highest ethical standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer