Associate Sales Representative, Emergency Medicine, New York City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/18/2019
END DATE 1/31/2020
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: New York City, NY, US
Expected Travel: More than 50%
REQUISITION ID: 1881
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia and Emergency Medicine - At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia and emergency medicine techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. Through collaboration with global clinical experts, we lead the way in the development of technology, clinical research and education to improve practice in a meaningful way. Today, our LMA and R sch brands include some of the most advanced airway management devices on the market. The Arrow portfolio of pain management products is designed to improve patients post-operative pain experience. And our Arrow EZ-IO System helps address the time-critical challenge of emergency intraosseous vascular access. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients lives. POSITION SUMMARY
This NYC-based position is an entry-level medical device Sales position intended to fill two primary roles. First, it is a preparatory / learning role intended to groom the incumbent to take on a full territory as a Sales Representative in our Emergency Medical Services (EMS) team. Second, it provides as-needed support to assigned Sales Representatives within a sales region, adding high-quality support to existing reps. Beyond directed support to existing sales representatives, the associate representative (ASR) will potentially be assigned to cover vacant territories for an extended period of time due to but not limited to short term disability, FMLA, or illness. It is understood by incumbents that the intent of this role is developmental, and it is understood that the associate representative must remain open geographically in order to be promoted to any territory that opens across the US.
Critical roles and responsibilities include Interfacing with medical advisory boards, economic buyers, and clinicians -- particularly emergency medicine physicians, paramedics, EMTs and nurses in both the pre-hospital and acute care hospital space. This position sells and promotes Teleflex s portfolio of emergency medicine products to grow overall market share with new and existing customers, generate new business, and create total customer satisfaction. This position acts as a valuable resource to those involved in emergency medical procedures and facilitates improved patient care while increasing clinical value to medical professionals as well as to Teleflex Incorporated.
ASRs are expected to work in concert with Regional Sales Managers (RSMs), Clinical Support Specialists, Key Account Managers, and Medical Sales Representatives. The ASR will be required to attend trade shows, attend animal and cadaver labs, conduct in-services for staff and participate in sales presentations to prospective customers. Extensive travel will be required throughout the region, area, or nation based on clinical and personnel needs.
The medical device products sold in the business include airway products (laryngoscopes and laryngeal masks) and EMS products (intraosseous access with EZ/IO and Talon) products. Teleflex is committed to saving lives and improving patient outcomes through innovative, clinician-preferred medical devices and outstanding service. Our market-leading brands are known to clinicians the world over, and include LMA , Hudson RCI , Rusch , and Arrow .
* Exhibit competencies noted within this description
* Exhibit understanding of Teleflex Anesthesia / EMS Competition
* Manage expenses according to Teleflex policy
* Assist Marketing Department on surveys and gathering customer information
* Assist with trade shows when requested
* Actively participate in and contribute to quarterly and national sales meetings
* Continually prospect for new customers; consistently update customer database (salesforce.com) and communicate those updates to RSM. Share competitive information with RSM as well as Marketing team members as supported by RSM.
* Fill out customer complaint forms on a timely basis and sending to Quality Assurance
* Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Conduct, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
* As supported by the Region Sales Manager, this position will also implement sales plan and achieve sales goals and objectives set for the geographic territory. The position will also maintain existing customers from full-time territories, and prospect and gain new business. The incumbent will grow sales and self by joining with / observing peers with full territories in providing training and account in-servicing to emergency medical staff in the hospital and pre-hospital space.
* With RSM approval, this position may also educate customers on products, procedures, and industry trends through use of our clinical education program. The incumbent will learn / use business analytic tools and territory knowledge to conduct strategic territory management business plans.
* Other position duties include managing related expenses and materials; assistint team members with regional and national conferences (booth coverage, setup / takedown).develop and maintain an in-depth profile on each account to include customer preferences, competitive products and field intelligence, market activity, important contact/decision makers, customer feedback, and attendees in-serviced.
* The incumbent must use SF.com effectively, and provide in-services - with guidance - to customers.
* Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills are expected.high level of proficiency with our continuous education program through competency assessment.
* Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor s degree with demonstrated peer leadership experience or 3 years professional experience. Prior experience in medical device or a strong feeder program (such as selling a broad base of technical products, B-2-B, and/or financial or complex services to a highly professional client base in a broad geography) is a plus. Prior work as EMT/Paramedic role a plus.
* Ability to spend a significant amount of time (60 - 80%) traveling in the U.S.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.