Associate Scientist, Cell Science 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Cell Sciences group, as part of the Protein and Cell Sciences (PCS) department, develops stable clonal cell lines for the purpose of manufacturing candidate biologic therapeutics. The Cell Sciences Associate Scientist will contribute to the drug discovery efforts by using state of the art methods and technologies to deliver to the project teams cell lines suitable for manufacturing and to bring our proteins into the clinic.
* Development of stable, clonal cell lines for the expression of therapeutic candidate proteins
* Technology development and/or evaluation to improve productivity of cell lines/process or throughput of cell line development or predictive models
* Lab job activities and oversight of instrumentation including maintenance and supplies
* Productive interactions with other members of PCS, NBE organization, and Research which enable projects and technologies to move forward
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry or other related Science discipline
* Bachelor's degree with 3+ years' experience or Master's degree with 1+ years' experience
* Solid understanding of mammalian cell line development in an industry setting, from both a technical and a business perspective, as well as a strong foundation in cell and molecular biology
* Knowledge and experience of general cell culture techniques including transfection, selection, cloning, small scale production models, and protein expression
* Direct experience with mammalian cell lines such as CHO, HEK-293 and NS/0
* Familiarity with instruments commonly used in the cell line generation lab: Guava, Cedex, ViCell, Octet, FACS Aria.
* Background in cell and molecular biology with experience in host cell engineering, cell culture process development, vector development, and/or development of novel assays to aid in cell line generation
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form with peers and senior management
* Familiarity with analytical assays as they relate to protein product quality
* Familiarity with cell culture performance at various scales from multi-well plates to bioreactors
* Experience with developing cell lines for multiple projects within a platform framework
* Ability to work independently
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.