Audio Visual Technician - Feinberg Conference Center, Full-time, Days/Evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2019
END DATE 2/21/2020
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Audio Visual Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday starting at 11:00AM to 8:00PM.
* The Audio Visual Technician coordinates audio visual systems required for internal and external conferences, meetings and events including satellite positioning for broadcasting from outside locations.
* Coordinates all audio visual requirements with departments and external clients requesting equipment to ensure that their presentation needs are fully met.
* Deliver and retrieve equipment. Deliver and pick-up equipment from Feinberg, Galter, Prentice, Olson, 541, 676, 240, 259 buildings and any other locations that may be added to the list of approved buildings.
* Maintains a close working relationship with Conference Center Coordinator and Scheduler to coordinate all audio visual needs.
* Daily performance is guided by mindset of punctuality, hospitality and customer service and is displayed through courtesy, caring and professionalism. Works with Conference Center Manager on specific Northwestern Memorial Hospital approved outside bookings.
* Attends required meetings for organization of presentation agendas to assist in successful execution of the client s program; plans for and makes available all equipment, whether in-house or rented necessary for the event.
* Maintains quality and cleanliness of audio visual office and ensures Northwestern Memorial Hospital standards are upheld; arranges for correction of deficiencies through appropriate approval process.
* Adheres to and implements Conference Center departmental standard operating procedures.
* Review daily schedule and manage time according to time frames of meetings, allowing ample time to setup prior to meeting start time.
* Follow-up before event to ensure successful execution of meeting.
* Never behave as a "guest" for any function when working the event, regardless of friendships or invitations to join in -- graciously decline.
* Maintain professional image throughout each event.
* Solicit feedback for improving the conference center process and discuss with Conference Center Manager.
* Bring to attention of Conference Center Manager any complaint or dissatisfied client to determine reason(s) for dissatisfaction, how the particular situation will be handled and to develop a course of action to prevent future occurrences.
* Rectify audio visual issues expeditiously so as not to interrupt valuable meeting time of client. Remove all laptops, data projectors, and microphones immediately following meeting.
* Never allow equipment to be left in room unattended.
* Check audio visual equipment and carts for cleanliness and dust-free appearance.
* Assist clients with presentations in any way possible, including laptop adjustments needed for settings, transfer of presentation to/from disks, drives or the network.
* Monitor lamp time on the bulbs in all conference rooms to ensure the bulbs are replaced before they burn out in the middle of a presentation.
* Notify Conference Center Manager to ensure replacement is ordered.
* Account for all data projectors and laptops when you leave your shift.
* If anything is missing, please report immediately to the Conference Center Manger with a complete account of what occurred on your shift.
* Instruct all data projector / laptop users to page you if their meeting ends early and to wait for you to pick-up the equipment.
* Equipment may not be left unattended in any conference room.
* Order audio visual supplies with Conference Center Manager approval and purchase order sign off.
* Monitor supplies, maintain adequate stock of bulbs, batteries, etc. and notify Conference Center Manager of needs well in advance to allow for ample delivery time of products.
* Acquire full knowledge of Scheduling Coordinator position and Scheduler Plus software applications including scheduling meetings, running reports and back-up procedures.
* Serve as back-up for Scheduling Coordinator to allow for daily lunch breaks and vacations. Vacations will be planned for in advance around conference center activity levels.
* Performs other related tasks and special projects assigned by the Manager.
* Two to three years experience as an audio visual technician with familiarity of all aspects including video conferencing.
* Bachelor's degree.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.