This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/16/2019
END DATE 11/23/2019
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUERGER - Buerger Center Ambulatory Care Req ID: 29202
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time JOB SUMMARY
Responsibilities include audio logical assessment, aural rehabilitation, equipment maintenance and calibration. Additional responsibilities include teaching and research, with the assistance of a department mentor. The audiologist also participates in the ongoing development, revision, and refinement of clinical procedures and protocols. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Independently assesses hearing through the use of diagnostic tests and other appropriate procedures, in compliance with guidelines set by the department and regulating agencies, with support provided by more senior staff as needed.
2. Independently interprets test findings with prompt dissemination of results using professional oral and written communication.
* Aids physicians and other providers in the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral and central auditory disorders.
* Counsels patients and families, as well as other professionals regarding hearing loss and options for (re)habilitation including, but not limited to hearing technology, communication options and educational services through the use of outcomes measures and referrals to appropriate service providers with support provided by more senior staff, as needed.
3. Independently develops recommendations for aural (re)habilitation in accordance with departmental protocols, with support provided by more senior staff, as needed.
* Selects, modifies, and dispenses amplification systems, cochlear implants and other assistive devices when appropriate.
* Develops informational materials for families and professionals when appropriate.
4. Assists the manager, supervisors, and more senior audiologists in assigned administrative duties.
* Participates in department quality improvement projects.
* Maintains and calibrates clinical equipment as needed.
* Participates in development of long- and short-term department goals.
* Assists with patient coverage plans.
5. Participates in educational and research activities.
* Updates professional knowledge and skills by completing a minimum of 10 clock hours of continuing education during each fiscal and/or rating year
* Participates in clinical research and continuing education activities, as requested.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
Certificate of Clinical Competence or Board Certification in Audiology to be obtained within three (3) months of placement into the position.
Licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; other licenses appropriate to state(s) in which services are delivered in which case certification and licensure will be obtained within three (3) months of placement into the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Masters Degree in Audiology PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Education: Doctorate in Audiology (Ph.D. or Au.D) ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* High level of analytical skill in order to work independently to identify and plan for the resolution of problems encountered in clinical and research duties.
* High level of skill in various audio logical assessment procedures pertaining to the pediatric population.
* Fundamental research skills including a general understanding of research methodology, design, and statistics.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146