Audit Associate I - 2020 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Status Category:
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
* 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work
* 2019 America s Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
* 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
* 2021 Vault Rankings - 5th Best Accounting Firm for Client Interaction
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
The Audit Associate works as a member of the Client Services group of MHM in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many entry-level accounting duties and will also work directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper-level management.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
* Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Nonprofit, Manufacturing and many more industries
* Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
* Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers, and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
* Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
* Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness, and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality, and personal conduct
* Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and intes on MHM audit methodology
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree required; Master s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field
* CPA eligible and/or desire to obtain certification
* Inteship experience in accounting or related field
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, and have basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both inteally and exteally
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
CBIZ.Jobs Category: University
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION