Automation Test Engineer 6/6/2020
Capgemini Government Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking highly motivated and experienced Automation Test Engineer to join our team in the DC Metro Area to support our government clients. The successful applicant will work closely with our clients to provide testing services that are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillset, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGS' capabilities to serve our clients.
As an Automation Test Engineer , you will:
* Be responsible for new application development, maintenance, enhancement and operation. The software development team is responsible for software design and implementation of replacement and modernization of existing legacy applications.
* Design and develop System Test Automation Scripts using Selenium, Cucumber and/or equivalent tools
* Support Test Automation Solution Planning and Estimation.
* Analyze current architecture and test platforms to formulate a vision for growth and expansion
* Develop services level test automation using REST Assured and Java
* Perform detailed test designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems
* Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) with Business Analysts and developers
* Perform tasks required for automated test implementation including review acceptance criteria (Gherkin scripts), create integration/regression test scenarios, test cases, implement test data management strategy and generate required reports
* Improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e. make them faster, more flexible and easier to use). Utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests
* Ability to work closely with Application Development and DevOps teams to identify, troubleshoot and debug performance issues
* Define and establish test metrics to measure product quality and quality of testing and feedback to engineers
* U.S. citizenship is required
* Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Suitability/Public Trust Background Clearance
* B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science; Information Technology or a related field
* Strong programming/scripting experience and passion for testing
* Minimum of 4 years of recent experience in Test Automation including planning, assessments, script development & maintenance preferably in Cloud environment
* Minimum 2 years of recent experience in API automated testing using Java REST Assured Java
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in manual functional and regression testing and preparing relevant test cases
* Minimum of 4 years' demonstrated experience in one or more of the following testing toolsets/frameworks:
* Selenium Grid/WebDriver
* jUnit, TestNG
Nice to have skills/qualifications
* Experience working with databases and various data formats and related technologies for testing
* Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
* Eclipse, IntelliJ
* XML, JSON
* Experience in Agile/Kanban and Scrum development methodologies
* Experience in testing UI/UX best practices and 508 compliance
* Knowledge in management tools such as Jira Platform
* Strong written and communication skills required
* Must be a self-starter/self-directed and self-motivated member of the team
* Proactively ready to take more responsibilities and help other team members
* Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, including one or more of the following build/deploy/version control tools:
* Experience in developing in Cloud environment
* Strong emphasis for experience in testing applications for Section 508 Compliance
* Knowledge of SOA, Cloud and multi-tenant architectures
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.