AWS Cloud Architect 5/2/2020
Sabre Systems, Inc
Patuxent River, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # of Openings
The NAVAIR Digital Department leads the digital transformation of NAVAIR and works to accelerate and scale digital/analytic technologies and capabilities across the NAVAIR Enterprise as a means to increase speed in the delivery and sustainment of warfighting capability. The Digital Group delivers and executes command-wide strategies that align activities and provides the workforce with agile self-service infrastructure, data accessibility, visualization and analytic tools, and digital/IT services to rapidly research, create, deploy, integrate, and maintain, applications, enterprise solutions, and other digital capabilities. NAVAIR s digital transformation will require leveraging advanced digital tools to implement fundamentally different business models across all business, technology development, workforce, and mission operation domains. NAVAIR is committed to a digital culture that empowers the workforce to accelerate, innovate, collaborate, develop, and deliver capabilities to meet mission outcomes.
The selected candidate will:
* Systems evaluation support to include analyses such as:
o whether a system is ready to migrate to the Cloud
o modernize the application into either a DevSecOps container platform
o redesign the application to use native cloud servers
o move the legacy application as is to the Cloud and modernize later
* Gather information to support recommendation on one of the above approaches, include systems architecture, development tools, and developer skill levels
* Build out various documentation
* Educate system owners on Cloud and DevSecOps platforms
* Explain Navy Cloud policy; such as the functions of the Cloud Brokers
* Bachelor s degree or Master's in an a related field is required
* Ten (10) + years of related experience is required
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification is preferred
* A security + certification is required
* An active DoD Secret Clearance or higher is required
* Candidate is required to pass a background investigation
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success join Sabre!
Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor