This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/29/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
Job ID 2020-4349
US-VA-Radford | US-VA | US-VA
Engineering (non IT)
NCI: As a Backup Engineer, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* This position is for a Backup Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure.
* ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
* Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
* Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
* Computing Environment (CE) Certification: VCS, VCP or VMware or equivariant.
* Education/Experience: BA +10 years (Bachelor's degree in technical Discipline)
* Mid to senior level Backup Administrator experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
* Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
* Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
* Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
* Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
* Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
* Communicate in an effective manner
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Ambulate between several buildings
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Travel by land or air transportation 25%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.