Banquet Set-Up/Houseperson Supervisor | Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/8/2019
END DATE 11/23/2019
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Champions Gate, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively through supervisors & house persons to associates and handling guest s requests on the floor.
* Directly responsible for the daily supervision of the Banquet Manager.
* Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
* Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
* Meets with banquet house person on a daily basis to insure that uniform codes and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
* Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet House person.
* Review daily Synergy report.
* Inspects each function room prior to, and during breaks to insure that all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
* Walls, baseboards, and light fixtures cleaned.
* Room to be vacuumed thoroughly.
* Drapes to be hung properly.
* Lighting and temperature control to client's request.
* Maintain cleanliness of Banquet meeting space and equipment.
* Tablecloths and skirting to be cleaned and pressed.
* Uniformity among all set-ups in accordance.
* Insures that cleanliness and order of all storage areas is maintained.
* Organizing and maintaining the back of the house areas to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
* In coordination with the Banquet Setup Manager initiates appropriate disciplinary action for housemen who have committed infractions of the Rules of Conduct as stated in the Omni Hotels Associate Handbook.
* Ensures that all unused rooms are set to department s standards.
* Executes Associate MOS reports on a monthly basis. Provides daily, weekly and monthly performance feedback to the Associates and reports to the Banquet Setup Manager.
* Recycles whenever possible.
* Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma.
* 2+ years experience as Set Houseman in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
* Exceptional guest service skills.
* Ability to stand (long period), stoops, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
* Ability to work flexible schedule (Including weekends and holidays).
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
* Remain calm and professional at all times.
* Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment.
* On their feet over 2/3 of the time.
* Walking over 2/3 of the time.
* Sitting under 1/3 of the time.
* Using hands to finger, handle, or feet over 2/3 of the time.
* Reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
* Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) for 1/3 of the time.
* Working in fluctuating outdoor temperature.
* Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to food items and beverages.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.