Banquet Set up Supervisor 11/8/2019
Sirata Beach Resort & Conference Center
Saint Pete Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Supervising set up staff, stewarding (including Compass Grille, Harry's and Baquets) temp help and the cleanin gof kitchen's and banquet function space. Assist with ordering Linen, Paper and Chemicals.
* Delegate and oversee the kitchen, banquet rooms and storage rooms and all storage closests stay clean and organized.
* Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms
* Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
* Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
* Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.).
* Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 100 lbs. through a crowded room with or without reasonable accommodations.
* This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.