Behavioral Health Counselor - School, Part Time, Arlington Heights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
Arlington Heights, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Counselor-Behavioral Health - Bev Health OP 004 - Part-Time,Day - AMITA - Center for Mental Health - Arlington Heights,IL
Shift: 25 hours/week; 3 days a week, 8am-4pm; school location could be in Barrington or Bloomingdale
WHY JOIN AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provide support, counsel, clinical consultation and advocacy to students and families at assigned local area schools.
* Attend all school program staff meetings and other agency meetings as required
* Establishes and maintains family sessions when required.
* Provides group support and care for students as needed at each school.
* Be a liaison between students and any other outside referral source.
* Develops relationships with teachers, principals and school staff at assigned schools.
* Serves as liaison between school and parents while representing the best interest of the child at each school.
* Skilled in assessment of children and adolescents.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, or Psychology required.
* Masters in psychology or related field preferred
* 1 year experience in working in a school setting or with children and adolescents preferred
School locations will be within the Northwest Suburbs
Must be comfortable working in parochial school setting.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.