Big Data Engineer, $10K Sign on Bonus!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/9/2020
WANTED: a Big Data Engineer with the ability to obtain a
As a Big Data Engineer you will:
* $10,000 sign on bonus!!
* Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and
personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Big Data Engineer:
* Provides engineering advisory and expert level
technical and operational support relating to system
engineering and integration.
* Analyzes business requirements, goals and
objectives, and business process architecture to
identify information requirements,
process/application points of interaction and usage
* Plans and coordinate engineering activities
associated with the missions of Defense Security
Cooperation Agency and SC Partner Enterprise/Systems
* Develops and implement the transition and future
state of Architecture, standards and
interoperability for the Business Mission Area.
* Conducts extensive investigation and analyzing
largely undefined factors and conditions to
determine the nature and scope of problems and to
* Establishes priorities and allocate resources to
establish and maintain Business Processes and Data
Architectures for use by system developers and
* Defines critical problems by identifying the need
for areas of analysis, formulating and justifying
* Participates in the planning, evaluation, and
continuing oversight of IT system development, test,
and production and throughput activities.
* Assists in the development and implementation of
metrics programs for measuring and analysis of
production system performance. Contributes to the
development of common need policies, procedures, and
* Develops program logic charts and creates
documentation for one-of-a-kind projects.
* Reviews regulatory or procedural changes for
potential impact to assigned projects.
* Determines nature and extent of changes required,
time required to program the changes and makes
* Applies system engineering principles and procedures
to translate operational needs/requirements into
system functionality and performance parameters
which then further specifies as a set of technical
* Maintains configuration management of the
requirements set, along with corresponding
requirement attributes and traceability to source
* Attends meetings, seminars, etc., and reviews
technical literature to enhance knowledge of new or
emerging state-of-the-art advances in software
engineering techniques and practices, and of
equipment being considered for production use.
* Reviews and analyzes scientific, engineering and
technical literature, books, magazines and reports
for recent developments in pertinent areas of system
engineering and requirements engineering, and
attends symposiums, clinics and courses related to
requirements engineering disciplines to keep abreast
of the latest advanced methods and techniques.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST
by U.S. Veterans.
* 4+ Years designing and implementing big data
services using Hadoop on the AWS platform
* 3+ Years in Data Analytics
* 3+ Years (within the in the last five years) as a
Data Warehouse DBA and/or Cloud DBA
* Knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering
tools and methodology including object oriented
* Knowledge of overall Federal, DoD, and DA
regulations, policies, procedures and standards
governing and relating to database management
systems (DBMS), and prevailing tools, practices, and
* Mastery of system design and system development
* Mastery knowledge of requirements definition,
requirements analysis, and requirements management
* Mastery knowledge of productivity processes,
procedures and measurements and associated
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple small to
large projects in a cross-functional environment
* Must be able to work individually or as a team
member with minimum supervision
* Strong conceptual and creative skills
* Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and
technical skills for refining existing process or
developing new approaches
* Ability to establish and maintain a high level of
customer trust and confidence
* Systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Visio
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Specific and detailed understanding of DSCA data,
and its flow, and database equipment and software
capabilities/limitations in order to recognize and
resolve systemic database problems, ensure
feasibility and efficiency of proposed database
structures and coordinate efforts with other
affected organizational elements.
* Knowledge of the agency's data processing standards
as they relate to limitations on design approaches,
coordination requirements, techniques and
* Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience preferred
* AWS Certified: DevOps Engineer or Solutions
* AWS Certified: Big Data or Advanced Networking or
Training and Experience:
* Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years
experience working in a similar role
* Security+ CE
* Compliance with DoD 8570.01-M Requirements
* Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance (SSBI) or Top