Bilingual Prevention Family Specialist 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join Our Mission
As the Family Specialist, your goal is to preserve the family unit by providing supportive casework counseling in the home and empower parents with tools and resources to ensure children's safety, well-being and permanency while providing advocacy to ensure quality services.
* Conducts assessment of family's strengths and needs; assesses problem areas and utilizes various treatment modalities and resources to effect growth and change.
* Participates in development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of comprehensive treatment and discharge plan. Develops alternative placement or permanency resources for youth that may not return to their families. Completes a comprehensive discharge summary at least eight weeks prior to discharge.
* Delivers effective case management services, including ensuring counseling sessions are scheduled as needed and children receive required medical and dental examinations. Tracks and monitors services provided, completes all documentation in a timely and comprehensive manner. Ensures compliance with confidentiality standards, parental consent and necessary release of information.
* Conducts casework contacts with families, as needed but at least twice a month, in their homes and community settings to focus on treatment goals. Engages youth and family by developing effective and caring relationship. Ensures children are maintained in safe, secure environments. Develops and maintains relationships with community schools to ensure the best educational experience for each child and with community resource agencies.
* Documenting casework contacts in EVOLV for assigned cases within required timeframe;
* Completing service plans, comprehensive treatment reviews, individual treatment reviews and Comprehensive assessments when due for assigned cases
* Develops and maintains relationships with community schools to ensure the best educational experience for each child and with community resource agencies.
* Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field; Master's degree preferred
* One to three years experience working with children and families
* Valid driver's license is preferred; local and regional travel is required daily
* Ability to provide on-call coverage as needed and work a flexible schedule outside of normal business hours including nights and weekends
* This position requires to be Bilingual (Spanish)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)