Billing Representative (FT) - Corporate Care/Employee Health - Lakewood, NJ 8/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
Corporate Care at MSC, Lakewood, Lakewood, NJ 08701
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION
Under the direction of the Billing Manager, the Billing Representative is responsible for gathering charge information, processing and preparing all bills and working accounts receivable in a timely manner. Responsible for validating charges and reviewing CPT codes, ICD10 codes and related information.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Prior experience in medical billing including workers compensation claims and corporate services billing statements strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with CPT & ICD10 coding.
* Experience with hospital based ancillary computer applications.
* Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask.
* Proficient with computer skills, programs, spreadsheets and applications.
* Prepares all accounts for billing by performing review of charges per chart documentation.
* Researches all information needed to complete billing process.
* Recognizes and corrects, with proper documentation, any errors.
* Verifies all patient and insurance information for accuracy and completeness.
* Reviews CPT and ICD10 coding.
* Processes, prints, and mails out daily bills.
* Applies third party and patient payments and denials to accounts.
* Interprets explanation of benefits for appropriate follow up action.
* Reviews and identifies all problems that cause a negative impact on established billing procedures and reports to Billing Manager.
* Responsible for dealing directly with all insurance carriers and clients regarding the status of unpaid claims on the Corporate Care ATB.
* Manage denials and appeals.
* Coordinates with Site Directors to ensure accurate registration and reimbursement for clients seen in the Emergency Departments for work related illness/injury.
* Miscellaneous duties assigned by manager.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer