Bioinformatics Scientist (Computational Biology)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Regeneron Genetics (RGC) has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and is rapidly growing. Together with paired electronic health record data of patients, we leverage human genetics to gain insights into disease mechanisms, identify novel therapeutic targets, and ultimately improve drug discovery and development to help patients in need.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated Bioinformatics Scientist/ Computational Biologist to join the Computational Biology group within the Genome Informatics and Data Engineering Team. You will provide bioinformatics support for different teams at Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC), with a focus on building an annotation knowledge engine for large-scale variant and gene interpretation efforts, developing methods to understand the effect of genetic variants on gene function and large-scale data mining of genetic variants.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
* Develop workflows and tools to enable large scale annotation of genetic data
* Development of new methods for variant interpretation as well as implementation of published state-of-art variant prediction methods. Understanding loss of function variants and human knockouts will be a high priority.
* Identify and integrate internal and external datasets to derive insights about gene function
* Keep abreast of emerging methods in computational biology and applications for novel omics technologies.
* Work from user requirements and deliver timely and accurate analysis results.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
* You have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to stakeholders, foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within RGC.
* Value teamwork and team excellence. With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
* Bring innovative thinking to large-scale genetic variant analysis.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.