Biomedical Electronics Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 12/19/2019
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an international leader in the advancement of anesthesiology focused on state-of-the-art clinical care, innovative research and exceptional anesthesia education.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 32468BR
JOB SUMMARY: Tests and troubleshoots to component level, repairs, calibrates, and preventive maintenance of all Direct and Indirect Patient-Care-Related Electronic Instrumentation. This position is also responsible for servicing High-End Life-Support Technology devices.
* Diagnoses, tests, troubleshoots to component level, repair, and calibrate to manufacturer's specifications all types of electronic and electro-mechanical instrumentation. Works with and understands the operation of pertinent test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, etc. This position is also responsible for servicing High-End Life-Support Technology devices.
* Utilizes schematics, technical drawings, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals. Conducts periodic and routine preventive maintenance inspections on any and all Direct and Indirect Patient-Care electronic instrumentation.
* Prepares and maintains records of repairs, inspections, and maintenance using both 'paper' and 'computer' systems. Coordinates and / or assists in the installation of capital equipment purchases of Direct Patient-Care-Related electronic instrumentation.
* Interfaces (as required) with manufacturers on clinical and technical projects and problems. Maintains knowledge of advances in the biomedical electronics field and equipment changes within the hospital.
* Participates in the after-hours emergency service coverage (On Call) as required.
* Vocational or Technical training required. Associate's degree in Electronic Technology preferred.
* 5-8 years related work experience required.
* 5 years experience in the general field of electronic servicing.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Basic knowledge of mechanics, optics, physiology, and medical terminology.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.