Biomedical Equipment Tech II 10/15/2019
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The BMET 2 serves the Mercy Health System as a journeyman-level clinical equipment support technician providing inventory control, repairs and maintenance as well as ensuring a safe and effective environment for patients on High/Low-Risk medical equipment. The incumbent is responsible to perform inventory assessment/audits, scheduled/preventive maintenance, and provide remedial corrective maintenance according to hospital policies/procedures and industry-recognized standards; Maintains documentation of all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance that has been performed on all clinical equipment technology types, including life support, monitoring, diagnostic, therapeutic and general clinical (Biomedical Patient Care) devices within the Mercy Clinical Engineering Service (MCES) Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Participates in and/or assists with development of departmental and hospital based continuous quality improvement initiatives. This position operates under general supervision of the MCES Manager/Director of Site Operations and other senior level MCES staff members. Individual will be required to perform the duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, guiding principles and Mercy service standards. May require travel to other Mercy entities to assist with various activities as assigned.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
* Education: Associate's degree (AA) in Biomedical Equipment Technology or equivalent from a two year college, technical school; Military training may be substituted or equivalent combination of education.
* Experience: A minimum of a two years' experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
* Certifications: ACCE Certification; Eligible
* Other: Experience in the repair and maintenance clinical equipment technology (biomedical - Diagnostic and Therapeutic Devices); Knowledge of the application and repair of PCs, Servers and how they interface with medical equipment; Understanding of the technical aspects of electronic equipment, its operation, repair and maintenance.
* Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree (BS) in Biomedical Engineering/Technology or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school.
* Preferred Experience: Four or more years of hospital related biomedical service experience.
* Preferred Certifications: ACCE Certification; CBET, CLES
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a "top 100 places to work." We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.