Biomedical Research Associate, San Antonio, TX, US ID#16377
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/15/2019
END DATE 12/5/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONBiomedical Research Associate, San Antonio, TX, US ID#16377
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard-to-find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including medical, science, geospatial intelligence, engineering, construction, research and development, facilities management, information technology, program management and mission support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokeenationbusinesses.com/federalSolutions
The U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research (USAISR) is part of the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command. The USAISR is dedicated to both laboratory and clinical trauma research. Its mission is to provide requirements-driven combat casualty care medical solutions and products for injured soldiers from self-aid through definitive care across the full spectrum of military operations; provide state-of-the-art trauma, burn, and critical care to Department of Defense beneficiaries around the world and civilians in our trauma region; and provide Burn Special Medical Augmentation Response Teams.
We are looking for a Biomedical Research Associate to assist with experiments, protocols, and studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide assay support while maintaining knowledge of current assays and models for research and contribute to publications.
* Maintain supplies, equipment, and safe working environment.
* Assist with reference collection, organization, and editing of research reports, posters, and manuscripts.
* Securely maintain research documentation in accordance with local policies and procedures.
* Remain current in field proficiency and exercise an understanding and skill in biomedical research to include animal surgery, coagulation, biochemical assays, and data management to facilitate active participation towards publication.
* Coordinate and provide assay support to ensure smooth operation, and employ strong interpersonal and communication skills to execute effectively in a team environment.
* Attain or maintain an understanding of the theory behind all research procedures performed.
* Plan, organize and accomplish assignments with limited assistance. Resolve problems with minimal assistance.
* Assists with reference collection, organizing and editing research reports, posters and manuscripts
* Collect references, organize and edit research reports, posters and manuscripts
* Maintain all required materials and supplies in the laboratory, surgery, and storage area
* Assist with generating orders for equipment and supplies required for research
* Assist supervisor or hand receipt holder with inventories for medical maintenance, and assist with generating work orders on equipment when needed
* Maintain safe and clean working environment in all areas of operation by the project leader
* Maintain research records, anesthesia records, and experimental procedures in appropriate media format (laboratory notebooks and binders, digital copies, and/or servers)
This position will not have supervisory authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors in Biology, Mircobiology, Master's Preferred
* Experience in Biomedical Chemistry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must have Flow Cytometry experience as well as ELISA and HPLC
* Solid knowledge of biomedical chemistry is very important
* Possess prior research experience, strong laboratory skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Self-directed and works independently on complex or sensitive projects. Working within tight time frames is critical
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
The duties of this position are primarily performed in a climate controlled lab environment and outdoors in marinas and fresh water marshes. Occasional travel for annual conference may be required.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.