Blanker Operator 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are a Foodservice cup forming manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Shelbyville, Illinois team. This job posting is for a Blanking Machine Operator. Pay begins at $15.68 / hour, progressing to $17.47 / hour after 6 months, plus $0.75 night shift differential. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on-the-job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with an earning potential to $26.19 / hour plus shift differential. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, and a 401-K program with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation programs and an Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position for which you believe you're qualified and would like to be considered.
Safely operates the equipment (blanker machines) to produce finished blanks according to customer specifications and quality standards at or above specified production requirements.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
* Perform all duties in a safe and orderly manner.
* Be actively engaged, involved, and current in Safe Work Observation process; Participate in safety meetings and safety tours.
* Ensure production of products consistent with established food safety, sanitation and quality standards.
* Perform all tasks necessary to operate blanking equipment according to procedure.
* Make adjustments necessary to ensure a quality product according to company and customer standards, at or above standard speeds.
* Check quality of paper for issues (i.e. contamination, printing errors, etc.)
* Load blanks in blank carts; Mount rolls on machines.
* Maintain proper flow of full blank carts from blanker area to storage area.
* Unplugs scrap chute, when necessary; Pull and dispose of scrap from in blow pipe.
* Notify Supervisor and/or Group Leader of problems that arise that are beyond the scope of the operator's duties including: product quality, excessive spoilage, mechanical problems, shortage of necessary supplies and material handling problems.
* Maintain 5S in assigned area, keeping work area and equipment clean and orderly; Maintain work system tools.
* Follow production schedule by machine and design; Complete necessary production reports.
* Once qualified, instruct and train other operators.
* Manage workload as necessary to ensure production requirements are met.
* Complete shut-down and start-up procedure, as necessary.
* Meets required Key Performance Metrics (KPI's).
* Communicates with oncoming shift to ensure continuity of production, quality and safety.
* Fulfill overtime requirements necessary to ensure production requirements are met.
* Assist in other areas or perform other duties, as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
* 18 years or older.
* Demonstrated organizational skills and detail orientation.
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Able to follow verbal or written instructions.
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
* Manufacturing experience, preferred.
* 12-hour shifts with rotating weekends off.
* Must be willing and able to work overtime.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the position, with or without accommodation. This includes: Standing and/or walking for extended periods of time, up to 12-hours; Lifting up to 50 lbs. to a height of 3 feet; Pushing blank carts weighing up to 1,500 lbs. (2-person job); Visual acuity and depth perception; Working in various temperatures & humidity levels.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.