Boiler Machinery Consultant 8/21/2020
TUV SUD America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Boiler Machinery Consultant 128411 Graduates Industrial Plants, Energy & Environmental Technology
- Inspects boilers and pressure vessels to meet regulatory requirements.
- Witnessing any required pressure tests as required by the Jurisdiction.
- Inspects assigned field or shop locations to meet ASME or National Board Code, as required.
- Reporting inspection results including any nonconforming conditions in the manner prescribed by the Jurisdiction and/or the Inspector s employer.
- Performs Loss Control inspections when assigned to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other types of inspections to meet specified codes or standards, as assigned.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- General office equipment; telephone, personal computer, printer, copier, scanner and FAX machine
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach with hands and arms; always requires employee to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Position requires close vision.
- Ability and willingness to communicate frequently if required by telephone, fax and email and other communication tools to ensure that the organization s business is completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disability and Veteran
T V S D America, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
EEO is the Law Poster: a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement: a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf" https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparence Policy Statement: a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html" https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
- National Board or Jurisdictional Commission.
- ASME/National Board Code Endorsements as required
- Education from one or more of the following:
- High School.
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program. For example: boilermaker, steamfitter or pipefitter.
- Completion of an accredited Power Engineering certification program.
- Completion of an accredited military or merchant marine training program in the area of marine or stationary boilers, pressure vessels or nuclear reactors.
- Completion of Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification program from the American Welding Society or an equivalent certification.
- Certification as an American Petroleum Institute API-510 or API-570 Inspector.
- Completion of a total of eighty (80) hours of classroom technical training in Boiler, Pressure Vessel or Piping Inspection.
- Graduation from an accredited technical school in subjects that include, but not limited to, Manufacturing, Building
- Construction, Construction Technology, Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning, and Industrial Technology.
- Graduation from with Two (2) Year Degree or Certificate in Engineering, Technology, Science, or Mathematics from an
- accredited institution
- Bachelor s Degree in engineering
- One year minimum of experience associated with the pressure equipment industry in the categories below:
- Engineering or design review.
- Manufacturing, including fabrication methods or processes, in either shop or field.
- Operation of boiler(s) exceeding 50,000 lbs. of steam per hour total capacity.
- Performance of repairs, alterations, or maintenance of boilers or pressure vessels.
- Quality control systems related to boiler or pressure vessel manufacturing, repair, or alteration in either shop or field.
- Inspection of boilers or pressure vessels either inservice or during construction including either shop or field.
- NDE examiner of boiler and pressure vessels meeting ASNT Level II or III (qualified by examination) or equivalent qualifications.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned duties to meet the requirements of the governing codes, Jurisdiction, company procedures and/or policies.
- Participates in providing solutions to problems that do not comply with the requirements of the regulating codes or standards, as requested by the Managing Supervisor, Chief Inspector or customer.
- Presents and documents concise engineering evaluations and reports as required.
- Reports to the District Manager, Code Supervisor or the Manager of Engineering, as applicable, in any situation that does not comply with the regulating code or company procedures.
- Assists in providing engineering solutions and or strategies for the solicitation or development of new business.
- Complies with all company policy and procedures, as applicable.
- SKILL SET:
- Works effectively with other people as necessary for completion of any assigned duties.
- Effectively executes the required procedures, codes or standards to meet the company and customer service needs.
- Ability to present concise engineering evaluations and recommendations both orally and written.
- Technical expertise.
- Represent ARISE products and services in a professional manner.
- Ability to efficiently plan assigned work.
- Ability to visualize and meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS
- Climb vertical ladders
- Crawl into confined spaces
- Withstand mild temperature variations
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
ARISE Inc. Home Office California United States