Book Lead Store
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
THE BOOK LEAD OVERSEES THE MAINTENANCE AND MERCHANDISING OF ALL BOOK DEPARTMENTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO BEST-SELLERS, ACTION ALLEY/SEASONAL SETS, BARGAIN, AND KIDS. THE BOOK LEAD IS ALSO THE PRIMARY TRAINER ON THESE AREAS FOR NEW ASSOCIATES AND MANAGERS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Train all new Associates on the different book departments and products
* Review the Key Metrics, and Line Item Discount reports weekly to identify any training opportunities
* Ensure an understanding of the Action Alley Feature Rank and Category Sales Review
* Ensure product is merchandised correctly in relevant departments
* Ensure Action Alley is set and merchandised to company standards
* Coordinate the Tuesday Task process for all book departments
* Coordinate the COMP process for all book departments
* Coordinate the Markdown process and ensure product counts are updated.
* Adhere to all Books-A-Million Policies and Procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS * 18 years of age or older
* Positive background check
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Completion of all required training courses
* Comprehensive product knowledge
PREFERRED SKILLS * Detail oriented
* Strong customer service skills
* Strong training skills
* Demonstrated ability to act in a mature and conscientious manner
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS * Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
* Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
* Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
* Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.