Boom Operator - Indian Land, SC 6/3/2020
Colonial Materials, Inc
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Inspect truck/trailer for defects for safe operation
* Safely load building materials onto flatbed or boom truck and unload products at commercial & residential job sites
* Deliver materials to assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
* Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
* Must report all accidents involving driver or company equipment
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
* Stamina to lift heavy building materials up to 80 lbs. for load/unload
* Excellent customer service skills and professional attitude
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
* Must have a valid commercial driver's license
* Class A License required
* Must have a clear three year Motor Vehicle Report
* Must have knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
* High School diploma or GED preferred
* Boom experience required
* Crane experience preferred
* Must be able to remain in stationary position while driving commercial vehicle 40%
* Must be able to lift heavy building materials up to 80 lbs. for load/unload
* Constantly, moving from unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
* Constantly, operates commercial motor vehicle and/or boom vehicle
* Constantly, positions self to unload materials from flatbed or boom
* Must be able to judge distance while delivering materials and/or operating boom
* Frequently moves materials weighing up to 80lbs while unloading flatbed
* Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Constantly working in outside environment while making deliveries
* Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
* Must be able to manage stress depending on customer's deadline
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive information and directions
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
* Competitive compensation
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Boom or Crane Experience
High School or better.
License & Certification
Commercial Driver License..