Branch Manager 6/4/2019
Collingdale Borough, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU READY TO GROW SALES AND LEAD A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD AND EXCEED CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A
BRANCH MANAGER IN COLLINGDALE BOROUGH, PA!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Branch Manager has overall responsibility for the critical issues of branch operations and profitability including: safety, sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
* Directly manages the day to day branch retail operations including safety, retail sales, warehousing and distribution. Leads and manages a team consisting of Counter Sales, Warehouse, Drivers and Customer Service employees.
* Assists with development and execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
* Coordinates sales promotion activities, merchandising and displays also opportunities for Airgas-wide conversions. Manages inside sales, sales growth and sales margins.
* Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries by Airgas trucks.
* Manages branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
* Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily.
* Leads and manages the annual/bi-annual physical hard goods inventories.
* Monitors SAP reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports. Provides Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) ensuring daily completion addressing any issues prior to deposit.
* Oversees employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and safety regulations. Partners with Airgas hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
* Manages branch operating expenses including overtime and office supplies. Works with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
* The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* High School Diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales and/or distribution of gases and welding supplies or similar industrial products and two (2) years of prior demonstrated management or leadership experience.
* Demonstrated planning skills: Identifies requirements, allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for mission accomplishment, establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals, develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment, and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
* Interpersonal skills: is aware of, responds to, and considers the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others, deals effectively with others in favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of their status or position, accepts interpersonal and cultural differences, manages conflict/confrontations/ disagreements in a positive manner that minimizes personal impact, to include controlling ones own feelings and reactions, and provides appropriate support to others.
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Prior SAP experience preferred.
* Role Model: Sets a good example of how to do the job, demonstrates personal integrity, responsibility, and accountability. Provides advice and assistance to help others accomplish their work. Directs/motivates self.
* Leadership skills: Establishes work standards and expectations for self and others. Appropriately assigns/delegates work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. Keeps goals and objectives in sight at all times, monitors progress toward goals, and works to overcome barriers and obstacles. Provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required. Appropriately assesses contributions and performance of employees, provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
* Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates a clear, direct and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees exhibiting a positive attitude.
* Strong detail oriented problem-solver: Identifies existing and potential problems/issues. Obtains relevant information about the problem/issue, including recognizing whether or not more information is needed. Objectively evaluates relevant information about the problem/issue. Identifies the specific cause of the problem/issue. Develops recommendations, develops and evaluates alternative course of action, selects courses of action, and follows up.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability