Bridge/Tunnel Project Engineer/Inspection Team Leader 8/23/2020
Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Bridge Project Engineer/Inspection Team Leader
Dewberry has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Bridge/Tunnel Project Engineer/Inspection Team Leader in our Boston, MA office. Primary responsibilities include serving as Team Leader for Bridge and Tunnel inspections assignments with responsibility for assignment scoping, planning, coordination, field inspection, report preparation and managing the work of inspection team members. Additional responsibilities include performing bridge structural analysis, live load rating, design and preparation of plans, specifications and estimates.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* BS in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of bridge engineering and inspection experience.
* Successful completion of comprehensive FHWA/NHI bridge safety inspection training course.
* Physical ability to perform field work around bridges and tunnels.
* Understanding of bridge safety inspection methods, structural behavior, deterioration characteristics of bridge materials, and bridge maintenance, repair and rehabilitation methods.
* Ability use of computers applications, bridge engineering software and AutoCAD.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to plan work of inspection team in order to meet established budgets and schedules.
* Ability to become a qualified Tunnel Inspection Team Leader.
* Experience with MassDOT and/or MBTA is preferred.
* PE required.
* Experience with AASHTOWare Bridge Rating software is preferred.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.