Building Engineer 5/5/2020
The RMR Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILDING ENGINEER
The Building Engineer reports to the Area Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship with and takes direction from all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position s success. The portfolio currently consists of 400 Centre Street (41,033 SF), and four two family residences on Elmwood Street, (totaling 11,084 SF). The postion will also provide support at 2 Newton Place (108,002 SF) and 9 Galen Street (107,591), as well as other properties as needed.
* Operate, maintain, and log all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
* Complete tenant service requests, and develop and maintain positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
* Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by their supervisor. Duties include, but are not limited to changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs and ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular inspections of equipment.
* Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
* Clean and paint equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
* Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as needed.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
* Review elevator maintenance records and confirm elevator maintenance is performed per national agreement. Inspect condition of elevator machine rooms. Report any elevator deficiencies to their supervisor.
* Assist with review of tenant improvement plans. Inspect active construction areas and confirm contractors are following all building rules and regulations. Coordinate fire alarm and sprinkler shutdown and drain downs with contractors as needed.
* Coordinate all quarterly fire alarm testing and maintenance with building vendor.
* Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
* Perform carpentry and snow removal, if necessary.
* Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisor.
* Perform minor repairs on doors, hardware, lock, windows, ceilings, and floors.
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
* Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
* Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management.
* Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives, as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
* Daily communication with property management, engineering staff, security, tenants and contractors/vendors is vital.
General Maintenance and Operation Duties:
* Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
* Read and follow written and oral instructions.
* Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors and others in order to resolve building-related problems.
* Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Minimum 3-5 years of building maintenance experience or commensurate experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
* HVAC or electrical technical school training preferred.
* Applicable military experience or other related operations experience will be considered including power plants, multi-family, hotels, hospitals, facilities, etc.
* Experience with automated building management systems.
* Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads.
* May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments).
* Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
* Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet.
* Climb ladders and stairs.
* Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
* Will be required to perform off site duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
* Must have a valid driver s license.
* If, at any time, security clearance is required for your job (e.g. you are assigned to work at a property leased by the Federal government), being awarded such clearance will be a condition of your employment.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company, and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate operating companies. As of March 31, 2020, The RMR Group LLC had $32.0 billion of assets under management, including over 2,100 properties, and employed over 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States; and the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had nearly 50,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. To learn more about The RMR Group, please visit www.rmrgroup.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.