Building Engineer 5/6/2020
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Field:
Facility Management - Critical Environment
Length of Assignment:
BGIS is currently hiring a Building Engineer to join our Team in Lynnwood, WA.
Base Pay Range; $30-35 an hour
BGIS is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, asset management, workplace advisory, and real estate services. With a combined team of over 7,000 globally, BGIS relentlessly focuses on delivering innovative service solutions that create value for its clients. Globally, BGIS manages over 30,000 facilities totaling more than 340 million square feet across several markets including Government, Higher Education, Utilities, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Cloud Enterprise. In addition to managing a diverse portfolio of corporate offices, retail, colleges, hospitals and industrial assets, BGIS is a world leader in the management of data centers and other critical environments.
This person will be responsible for:
* Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
* Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
* Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Data Center Systems
* Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
* Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with BGIS Safety Policy and Procedures.
* Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
* Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
* Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
* Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets BGIS and Client standards.
* Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
* Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
* High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
* 1-year experience in a Critical Environment required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Physical ability to walk job sites on uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
* Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* Respond to off-hour emergency calls.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share