Bus Hostler 9/13/2020
Capital Area Transit
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUS HOSTLER
Job Summary: Performs bus assignment, bus cleaning, parts pick up and other non-mechanical duties in support of the Maintenance Department. Must consistently demonstrate the ability to safely operate all authority owned vehicles.
The starting wage is $14.60 per hour with progression wage increases through out the first 3 years.
* High School degree or equivalent is required.
* Must meet physical requirements of the job.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License with a P endorsement, and no air break restriction.
* DOT medical card; Current/valid Driver's license.
* This is a safety sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
* Ability to understand transit systems operations and service area.
* Track Fleet vehicle locations and performs vehicle assignments and documents on assignments and locations.
* Coordinates vehicle assignment with fixed route and paratransit dispatchers as needed.
* Moves vehicles as needed to facilitate returns and departures for service needs.
* Collects driver's Pre/Post Trip Inspection forms and hands them into maintenance supervisor.
* Ensures interior cleanliness of buses that return to the garage for reassignment. Preform cleaning as needed to ensure vehicles are ready for service.
* As directed, performs other non-mechanical duties such as tightening bus mirrors.
* Steam cleans radiators when required cleans bus wheels.
* Reports damaged vehicles and equipment to maintenance supervisor.
* Communicates with drivers, mechanics, dispatchers and maintenance supervision.
* Performs housekeeping, snow removal and other facility maintenance tasks.
* Use of blood borne pathogens protocols as needed.
Must be able to work any shift/schedule. Must submit to pre-employment screens including drug testing and a criminal background check. The results of which must meet the hiring criteria for the role.
Capital Area Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.